Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is it giving up OR just finding a different solution

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.


"Confucius "



So many times in life we get attached to people, places and things and when the ball suddenly drops we become fearful. We reach and grab for these things as if they define who we are. What will I be if I am not a husband, a wife, friend, business owner, homeowner. The list goes on and on. We ask ourselves "what did I (we) do wrong? How can I fix this? How can I hold on and stop the bleeding? We jump from one possible solution to the next. Desperate. Finally, all possible solutions seem to fail and we realize our back is against the wall. We become tired and feel like we have given up as faith and hope in ourselves and others feels lost and long forgotten along with the goal that seems to have gotten buried under the murky water it feels we are swimming in.



The goal? When we start out in life with a plan it usually consists of four basic human needs:



1. Peace



2. Love



3. Prosperity



4. Happiness



We get jobs, we get married, buy a house, nice cars and have children. We accumulate "The stuff". The belief that the house and cars, money and even a husband or wife is the key ingredients to achieving the four basic human needs I feel has become backwards in the minds of society. When the "STUFF " goes away we become bitter and disappointed and feel we have failed or people have failed us. Did we really have the four basic needs with all the STUFF if within a matter of minutes they fade with the loss of material things? In my opinion and my experience; its all a shift in perception. What if we could tell ourselves; if the GOAL is to be peaceful, loving and happy THEN prosperity follows because it comes from within you; WITHOUT all the STUFF and nothing is truly lost and nothing has failed. It is not a matter of our plan failing, its a matter of maintaining the only goal that counts which is personal fulfillment and all else will follow. Its magnetic. When our current plans (not the goal) come to an end as all things do; we simply make a new plan.



I hear it in the voices of distressed property owners. I see it in their faces. I understand how hard it is to watch your life spiral out of control. Unfortunately, this happens to be something I know alot about. I can only speak from my experience and one of the things I have learned in many hardships I have had in my life is I have to dust myself off and try again however; at the same time realize I have not failed. I am rich because I GET the blessing of another day at life, another day to swing.



REALTORS, It is my hope when you are sitting down with a homeowner who is losing "STUFF" that means the world to them; that you listen. Really listen. They are scared and truly need someone to relate to what they are going through. I guarantee you it will mean the world to them. Also, walking them through step by step, play by play will gain their trust and respect. I think we can all agree that is important to us as Real Estate professionals. Its not about the transaction its about relationships we build.



"LOTUS REALTY GROUP IS HIRING REALTORS" PLEASE CONTACT US TODAY FOR MORE DETAILS"



REALTORS, what is in your business plan this year? What are you doing to create a system that will allow you to build your short sale business? How often are you out there prospecting and how do you know if you are taking the listings that are going to be successful and not a waste of your time?




Call us today and let us show you a system that works to help you expand your business and effectively and efficiently close short sale transactions.



LOTUS REALTY GROUP



PROFESSIONAL SHORT SALE NEGOTIATORS





At Lotus Realty GROUP, helping people ethically succeed is at the forefront of who we are...

No comments:

Post a Comment